Thursday 14 July 2011

THE TRANSFORMATIO

When I was a child I thought like one
I played randomly like a car without a horn
Messing up my cloths daily with oil
Yet shining the next morning like foil

After a long time in the field
Mumsi would come calling me to feed
I would try to negotiate with her for free
Claiming though I hadn't eaten yet I was filled

But when I became an adult
I saw everything wrong as my fault
From absence of food to money
and even to lack of respect, it was never funny

I would take responsibility for everything around me
Never allowing anything unpleasant to be
I was responsible for raising my family
And was indebted to making them live happily

Ever since, life has never been an ease
Yeah, no to thanks to careless Adam and Eve
Now I have to work like a giant but eat like an ant
While living without even a concerned uncle or aunt

Ah, Aiye yi le o!

Who ever thought it would be like this?
Who ever thought the world would love war and hate peace?
Did it ever cross my mind that someday I would be called daddy?
Did I ever know someday it will be all man for himself and no paddy?
Why did I have to wait this long before realizing?
How come products of my weaknesses are now materializing?

Ah, adulthood is indeed a time for adults
A season for overcomers and warrior not idiots
It is a litmus test of our maturity
Yet after you maneuver through you realize all is vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment